Kalium 3.2 update is live — Make sure you save a backup of your site before updating. Changelog ➝
I want to create a library page within my website that looks and has all the features of your books page in your bookstore theme (https://demo.kaliumtheme.com/bookstore/books/). However I am not selling any books, it will just be a library page showcasing books that you can sort and filter. I like that you can sort by author, category, language. I am wondering what would be the best way to get a similar page without the books being products? Should I use a portfolio page, a blog page, or download the shop page and have it just not be a shop? Thank you for letting me know!
If you want to have the same layout but without the "add to cart" function or without the prices then you can simply turn that feature off in Theme Options, it is called "Catalog mode". But if you don't want to use WooCommerce at all, then the best way to build a similar layout is using Portfolio but you can only filter through categories.
Documentation Join Kalium Users Group
Thanks! So I tried installing WooCommerce and the product filter plugin however I got a message saying it was forbidden?
Additionally, if I want to download the books page of your book theme so I can see how it's built, change the products and make them my own, what do I need to download from the bookstore demo so as not to change the style of my website or add unnecessary portfolio and media items?
In which site are you trying to import the bookstore demo? When importing the demo you can check or uncheck options which you want to import.
I'll add my credentials. I don't see an option to just download the shop. What I want is the same layout and filters than in the bookstore (author, publisher, language, etc.), the same layout and book details for a single book product (instead of additional info).
I was able to download the product filter login though.
Unfortunately it does not seem possible to import only a specific part of the demo content, if you import the whole demo content the style of the theme will change with the one from Bookstore.
Then could help me with the following?
1. How do I get my shop to display the attribute filters as a left sidebar like in the bookstore (see screenshot 1). I downloaded and activated the filter product plugin but it does not show up in my shop.
2. How do I make some attributes not urls? You have it set up so that in a single product the pages of a book are not links (screenshot 2). how do I do that for my own pages?
3. How do I change the description title from additional information to book details? (screenshot 3).
Attached files: screenshot2.png screenshot 1.png screenshot 3.png
1. This is how they are added under Appearance > Widgets:
(view large version)
Don't forget to enable sidebars here:
2. Under Products > Attributes click Edit on any of the attributes and follow the instructions below:
(view large version)
3. Go to Loco Translate > Plugins > WooCommerce and create a new language (current language) and from there you can change theme strings such as Additional Information.
Amazing! All three solutions worked perfectly! Last question: Since I set the store in catalog mode and there are no prices showing by default, is there a way to hide the options "Sort by Price: Low to High" and "Sort by Price: High to Low" in the sorting drop down menu?
That dropdown is by default added from WooCommerce, and to hide it add this CSS under Custom CSS:
/* Hide WooCommerce Sorting */
That's not exactly what I meant but I was able to leave the sort by menu but remove the sort by price option with this plugin in case anyone has the same question as me.
Thanks for all your help!